The Digital Technology Programme, led by digital sector specialist Sero Consulting, provides young people in Year 10 a chance to find out about the exciting opportunities in the region’s thriving digital technology sector.
Employers contributing to the programme include ARM, Barlcays plc, HiveIT, Knowledge Integration, Lightworks Design, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, SkillsLogic and WANdisco.
Ambassadors enjoy a rich and diverse range of experience including:
- Visiting two of Sheffield’s digital business centres, the Workstation and Electric Works
- Hearing from digital businesses about their latest developments such as virtual reality
- Undertaking challenges set by industry professionals
- Visiting Sheffield Teaching Hospitals to find out how technology is making a difference to the way the NHS works
- Visiting Barclays Bank to learn about cyber security and the way that technology is affecting banking
- Participating in Sheffield Digifest, a one-day festival of digital activity with taster activities and a “World of Work” marketplace.