Arts & Culture
The Culture and Arts Programme is led by Ignite Imaginations. With 6 creative partners, 4 schools and 37 ambassadors, this programme has three main aims:
- To give young people a real insight into career opportunities in this sector
- To build their creative and interpersonal skills
- To connect them to the world of work
The programme intends to inspire and galvanise the next generation of artists, producers, coordinators and CEOs.
This year, Ambassadors are set to work through a Bronze Arts Award as part of the programme (Level 1 award on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)) and visit local creative organisations across the region. From Music in the Round to Dart, the creative sector is well represented and explored throughout the programme, working with overall facilitator Ignite Imaginations.
Ambassadors will enjoy a rich and diverse range of experience including:
- Curating part of a museum for the day
- Visiting one of Sheffield’s iconic theatres for a behind-the-scenes insight into the workings of the theatre world and taking on the promotional challenge of how to engage more young people with theatre
- Learning delivery skills and leading on their own creative workshop