The Digital Industries Programme, led by sector specialist Sero Consulting, provides young people in Year 10 a chance to find out about career pathways in the IT and digital sector.
Employers contributing to the programme include tech sector companies like 3Squared, ARM and Jaywing, as well as IT departments in large corporates or public sector organisations like Barlcays plc, Sheffield International Venues and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Ambassadors enjoy a rich and diverse range of experience including:
- Visiting digital business centres such as Sheffield Technology Parks or Electric Works
- Hearing from digital businesses about their latest developments such as virtual reality
- Undertaking challenges set by industry professionals
- Visiting Sheffield Teaching Hospitals to find out how technology is making a difference to the way the NHS works
- Visiting Barclays Bank to learn about cyber security and the way that technology is affecting banking
- Participating in Sheffield Digifest, a one-day festival of digital activity with taster activities and a “World of Work” marketplace.