Fire & Rescue
The Fire & Rescue programme is delivered in partnership with the South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.
Better Learners Better Workers Ambassadors are given an insight into what it means to work on a Fire & Rescue team and the different roles that the Fire & Rescue Service play in the community.
The Year 10 programme is currently being refreshed and will focus on team work, team building and problem solving, with activities such as:
- An induction session on site at an actual fire station
- ‘Meet the Team’ event at the fire station where Ambassadors get an opportunity to understand the different jobs on a Fire & Rescue team
- ‘More Than Fires’ event looking at the role of the Fire & Rescue Service beyond fire-fighting in such as road traffic accidents and animal rescue
- Fitness, health and well-being session looking at issues like healthy eating
- ‘Operation and Safety’ event looking at health and safety issues in a fun and relevant way